Whitney Portal Store Message Board
Forum List

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Jump to new posts Re: Rock slide on new road by Doug Sr @ Yesterday at 04:05 PM

Hi No water turn on in the morning and testing .Road opened late afternoon.
Jump to new posts Re: Experienced Climbing Partner Wanted by Jeff M @ 04/27/17 05:16 PM

Originally Posted By: ChristianI would like to climb the Mountaineer's route starting about May 11, 2017 with my 17-year-old daughter. I would love to use Sierra Mountian Guides, but it is probably not in the budget right now. I'm hoping to find a pe
Jump to new posts Re: Late June Summit - Snow? Crampons? Ice Ax? by MattBfromPA @ 04/27/17 06:57 AM

Thanks for the info. It sounds like our hike will be ending at the switchbacks if they are snowed over. I'll be crossing my fingers for a warm spring.
Jump to new posts North fork trail, big pine by Mary @ 04/26/17 03:37 AM

Does anyone have info on trail conditions to the lakes? I see Glacier Point Road is open. Have permits for Memorial weekend. Last year, same weekend and less snow year, was clear to lake #3. We have all the winter tools, and know how to use them,
Jump to new posts Re: Onion Valley Road by Doug Sr @ 04/25/17 10:47 PM

Road is closed, deep snow about 1/2 / 3/4 mile from trailhead, rocks and ice on the road this AM,County working to get it open may make the May 1 date but area is covered and North facing slopes are still covered, south facing clearing fast. Looki
Jump to new posts Re: Mountaineers Route and Portal Road by mhayashida @ 04/24/17 05:03 PM

Hi - I'm May and new to this message board! I'm interested in making an attempt to Mt Whitney summit next week over 2 or 3 days time. I am solo but would love to go with someone. Would anyone be interested? I'm flexible on dates but will only be in t
Jump to new posts Re: Conditions On Baldy by Halfdomer Homer @ 04/24/17 07:24 AM

Yes Saturday was a beautiful day for a hike up Bear Canyon Trail. It was my first time up this season and I always forget how hard this trail is! There was snow for the last mile and a half to the summit and I saw a lot of people without spikes tru
Jump to new posts Earth Day! by Doug Sr @ 04/22/17 02:25 PM

Many will not understand the need others will be a little to pushy and hurt the cause , but critical to understand we do only have one marble to stand on. Very warm day reached over 60 in the Portal , Flowers all over the Alabama Hills now.