Whitney Portal Store Message Board
Forum List

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Jump to new posts Re: Trip reports for 2017 by hillbasher @ Today at 11:47 AM

Rather than postpone, go on up to Trail Camp, setting that as your high point goal. If you have never been on that trail before, lots will be gained from just reaching that point, and the two of you will still have a great time and maybe learn a thin
Jump to new posts Log repaired today by Doug Sr @ 06/25/17 09:29 PM

395 North of Independence down to 1 lane ,crews working on the repair but if you are going back to the bay area ,take the south route. Still warm but yesterday a quick went through the higher portion of the trail ,thunder,high winds,sleet,hail .
Jump to new posts Available room-July 3rd- by sarsoorraa @ 06/25/17 05:52 PM

Hi everyone, I have a reserved a private room with one queen bed on July 3rd to 4th at Whitney portal hostel that I can not use since I broke my foot. Please let me know if you are interested then we can transfer the room to you with cheaper price.
Jump to new posts Cottonwood Pass - Stream Comparison 2015 vs 2017 by Ranboze @ 06/25/17 02:44 PM

I accidentally posted this in the Hostel forum (please forgive me Doug). Reposting here. Took a ramble up Cottonwood Pass yesterday, over to the PCT via on of my favorite ridges, and out via Trail Pass. While not the torrents we've seen in bigger c
ooops... wrong forum! Yikes. I will copy to the hiking forum; I guess I should wear my glasses!
Jump to new posts Insects? How bad are they on the main trail? by Heather W. @ 06/24/17 10:11 PM

Looking for advice on how bad insects may be on the main Whitney trail. What types may we encounter? For reference, we have a permit for July 18th.
Jump to new posts Request from the US Airforce by Doug Sr @ 06/23/17 02:03 PM

Hi Just had a request if anyone has photos or footage of the aircraft accident this week please get the information to Major Michael Hunter 901 268 4658. I know I talked with several that had cellphone shots of the event.Please help if you can