Whitney Portal Store Message Board
Forum List

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Jump to new posts Re: Water sources along the Mt Whitney Trail (9/16/18) by hightinerary @ Yesterday at 04:05 PM

As you know, I don't carry any water on a hike up Mt. Whitney. But I have drones deliver Diamox to me on the hour.
Jump to new posts Re: Conditions On Baldy by JamesL @ Yesterday at 09:08 AM

Good basis for a series. CSI: Manker Flats, Law and Order Squirrel Victims Unit. I saw a squirrelmanatee once gathering acorns off the coast of Florida.
Jump to new posts Re: Extra Permit September 9th or 10th by mahu1982 @ 09/19/18 11:43 PM

Thanks! Yep, been checking about 10x a day and a bunch of day and overnight are popping up. Nothing for the 27th or 28th yet, but looks like itís just a matter of days now and checking several times a day. Whitney #4 just a week away hopefully. :-)
pretty good advice really// after my summit i stopped at the Portal, hung out for a bit. Was not exactly altitude sick but a little loopy from the hike and thought i was not hungry// as soon as i got into town i was starving, ended up having an infer
Jump to new posts Re: West Highland Way - 96 miles in 9 days by bob54 @ 09/15/18 07:25 AM

I was on the Sub Tender located at Holy Loch, Dunoon. We fixed the Boomer Subs before they went back out on patrol. Yes we had a USN submarine base in Scotland for almost 30 years.