Whitney Portal Store Message Board
Forum List

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Jump to new posts Re: Trip reports for 2017 by paul @ 57 minutes 27 seconds ago

Excellent report. paul
Jump to new posts Re: What are current snow conditions on New Army Pass? by Big Whitney Mike @ Yesterday at 03:42 PM

That is good info Kurt, thank you. We will be camping near Solder Lake on the 27th, and will start our ascent of NAP on the morning of the 28th probably around 7:30am. I expect to be at NAP by 9:30 or so. After a little break, we head down to the
Jump to new posts Re: Glenn Pass by bobpickering @ Yesterday at 12:44 PM

I just got home from dayhiking Mt. Cotter yesterday. I went over Kearsarge pass, over Glen Pass, and then took the trail to Sixty Lake Basin and climbed Cotter. There were two patches of snow on the east side of Kearsarge, and there were several pa
Jump to new posts Possibly missing hiker by saltydog335 @ 08/15/17 04:47 PM

LaVonne Barker has not checked in as expected, husband is very worried. She is due out at OV today after summiting Whitney from the Portal, but is a week overdue in making usual contact. SO has been notified. Details here
Whitney Portal Hostel
Jump to new posts Available room on Aug 28th by GPTX @ 08/15/17 01:12 PM

Hello, I have a reservation for a private room with two full beds for 1 night on August 28th at the Whitney portal hostel that I will not be able to use. Please let me know if you are interested then we can transfer the room to you. Thanks! -Guru
Jump to new posts Re: Mountaineer's Route Conditions by Jeff M @ 08/14/17 09:26 PM

Ha, I was wondering why I didn't see you come down yesterday, but looking at the time stamp of the last pic, you passed Betsy & me on the south side while we were heading up the Elephant Ear. (You could've kept your feet dry on the north side---o
Jump to new posts Re: Trail conditions for Old Army by burtw @ 08/13/17 08:24 AM

Bumping this thread up. I'm waiting for info about when old, original Army pass becomes passable w/o crampons and ice ax.
Jump to new posts Re: Mountaineers Route by RenoFrank @ 08/12/17 06:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Sierra SamWhat is the collective wisdom about how long it takes to get from the Portal store to the E-ledges for an average group carrying ~35-40 pound packs? I'm thinking about what is the latest time to start in the afternoon
Jump to new posts 8/11 Missing Person Alert by Maverick01 @ 08/11/17 05:09 PM

http://www.highsierratopix.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=16568
Jump to new posts Re: Hiked 08/07/17 to 08/09/17 by Akichow @ 08/10/17 08:26 PM

Great trip report! And congratulations. So funny thing ... mountain amnesia sets in and before you know it, you want to do it again.... The first time I hiked Whitney (3 days/2 nights, like you), my feet were so tired when I got back to Trail Camp